Most of my weekends are full of activity. Every once in a while, my calendar is totally open, which means I get to do whatever I wish. This weekend was such a weekend, and I find it telling that “whatever I wish” is decidedly geriatric.
Here was my Saturday.
1. Woke up at 7am, because, you know, that’s sleeping in.
2. Had a cup of tea and literally counted my leftover change and rolled it up.
3. Did laundry, dishes, vacuumed, dusted, and paid bills all before 10am.
4. Wandered over to Biogirl’s house.
5. Had a leisurely brunch with the bff.
6. Went into the garden store next to the brunch place.
7. Went on a stroll around Green Lake.
8. Found the Parfait ice cream truck, and had a scoop in the sun.
9. Complained to each other about the cafe chairs on the sidewalk we ended up sitting in (her: “this cuts off my circulation in the back of my legs!” me: “these chairs make my butt fall asleep!”)
10. Came home and watched David McCullough being interviewed on tv while ironing Nordic Boy’s work shirts.
11. Read a book, while listening to Vivaldi.
12. Looked at some old photos of friends I miss and felt terribly nostalgic.
13. Opened up all my windows, put my feet up on my couch, and “rested my eyes.”
14. Made a simple dinner of rice, beans and veggies with Nordic Boy.
15. Watched a movie under a blanket and ate cherries for dessert.
16. Did a crossword in bed.
I really hope my generation will be able to retire, because I am seriously going to rock that shit.