Things bouncing around in my head this week:
1. For a city house, my yard sees all kinds of animal action. Dogs, cats, birds, the occassional raccoon or rabbit. I have noticed that the animals that visit my yard seem to be under the impression that my yard is their toilet. Birds seem to poop on my car on purpose, and dogs think that the strip of grass between my front stoop and the street curb is made for doggie poo poo. (Ok, that last one I can’t really blame on the dogs. It’s my dog owner neighbors that don’t seem to think that the scoop law applies to them). And today, there was cat vomit on my stoop stairs. ANIMALS OF SEATTLE, I IMPLORE YOU. Stop the insanity.
2. Biogirl and I went on a walk last night and clocked the amount of time it takes to walk from my front door to her soon-to-be front door. Three minutes at a leisurely stroll, people. Heck yes.
3. Sometimes I wonder if people with less melanin than I happen to have truly understand the racist boolshizz that flies around brownies like me on a daily basis. I mean, really, I am not kidding. A DAILY BASIS. For example, a nice looking business man type asked me about a book today, which I had never heard of. His response, dripping with disgustingness, was “it’s a popular book here in AMERICA, you know.” His meaning was clear. I wish this was out of the ordinary, but it ain’t. Post-racial, my ass. Don’t fool yourself.
4. I am thinking that, for my birthday next month, I might buy myself a DSLR camera. I have been researching for a while now and I think I know what I might get, but anyone have any recommendations on that? Give it to me.
5. I have had a long, tired history of not being able to find a winter coat that meets my stringent standards of pretty. I mean I have been looking, actively, for like two or three years straight. And this fall, I have declared the YEAR OF THE COAT! There are coats everywhere that I like! And can afford! And are cute! And warm! I have bought two and am done with coat shopping for now. However, now I am in winter boot hell. This whole ugly shoe trend has gone on long enough, everyone. Can we all make a pact and tell it to stop? I think we can make it happen if we all band together.
6. Why are people afraid of spiders? I don’t really understand that one. I mean unless they will poison you to death or something, but a daddy longlegs? A little bug with legs like strands of hair? Scary, why?
7. I am contemplating putting some effort into Halloween this year. Oh, who am I kidding.