I’ve just had five whole days off of work! And here’s what I did with it.
1. Became much more well-acquainted with my jimjams than I had been heretofore. We got along famously.
2. Got a gorgeous new necklace from my sweet Nordic Boy, among other sundries. That dude has good taste.
3. Gave Nordic Boy his presents, among them a food scale, which was the surprise hit of the day. Nordic Boy could not WAIT to start weighing shit. Listen, everyone needs a hobby, right?
4. Got a sweet ass lamp from my parents. I LOVE IT. Plus, now I can actually sit on my couch at night and read, which is sort of essential.
6. Finally sent out my holiday cards. Yesterday. The upside of being a heathen with no investment in the holidays is that I can send out my cards any damn time I please.
7. Spent a day with my brother, sister-in-law, and super awesome nephew, who is scientifically proven to be the funniest, smartest, cutest, most adorable kid ever made. Four out of five dentists agree.
8. Also got some quality dog time with my nephew’s lab, Mokee, who is also scientifically proven to be the best dog ever constructed. By the time I was done playing with him my sinuses were so clogged I wanted to pop my eyeballs out, but it was so totally worth it.
9. Learned from my nephew all about legos, and Star Wars, and Bionicles. These three things are, according to my nephew, the only things that ever need to be discussed, ever, at any time.
10. Saw “Sherlock Holmes.” I think Robert Downey Jr. needs to make a movie wherein he just reads the phone book for three hours. I am convinced I would find this riveting, just because of his Robert Downey Jr.-ness.
11. Saw “The Road,” on Christmas Eve. There were three other people in the theater. What, people don’t want to see post-apocalyptic people-eating bands of nomads on the eve of the birth of the lord?
12. Watched “The Great Escape” on dvd. I forgot that that movie is like eight hours long. Nordic Boy and I started to yell “ESCAPE, ALREADY!” about half way through.
13. Played Wii until it kind of got ridiculous. Our current favorite activities? Samurai sword fighting and the bowling game where you have to knock down 100 pins each frame. Both are really dumb games. I don’t know if you can even call them games. And yet, we can’t stop, to the piont where my arms are completely sore.
14. Got turned away from seeing “Avatar.” Twice! Stupid sold-out movie.
15. Had dinner with our friend Delium, who never fails to make me laugh in a milk-out-of-the-nose sort of way.
16. Wrapped the whole thing up by waking up at 6am this morning to see Nordic Boy off to Portland, where he is working for the next two nights. I managed to restrain myself from grabbing him around the leg and trying to prevent his departure and making a spectacle of myself in front of the neighbors. But just barely.
Hope you all had a restful, fun week full of just as much love as I did. Also, that you talked to someone about legos at some point. If you haven’t, you really must get on that.