Random things rattling around in my noggin…
1. Remember when I told you that when I was a kid, I thought the band Depeche Mode was pronounced “Duh-Peachy Mode?” Well, check this out.
2. Lots of my favorite bloggy superstar favorites seem to be slowing down with the posting these days. This must be what it feels like when you get old and all your friends start dying off. Wow, did I just say that? Because yeah, Librarian Girl, that is totally the same thing. Yeesh. ANYWAY. Tell me, friends, who are your favorite bloggers? Who should I be reading? My google reader is so frickin’ quiet these days.
3. I was at a fundraising event recently where they were giving out t-shirts. I went up to the t-shirt-giver-outer and asked for one in my size (small or medium). She looked me up and down and said in quite a tone “we only have large and extra large left, so I’m giving you an extra large. I am trying to save the larges for the truly smaller people.” I am not one to usually be sensitive about body issues, but OUCH.
4. Everywhere I go, fire alarms seem to have gone off about a half hour before I arrive. I am wondering how I should interpret this.
5. Someone needs to do a study on the cognitive development of elementary school kids and what happens in their brains that makes them want Garfield comics so very badly when they come to the library. Because, man, they can not get enough of that cat.
6. I just realized this week that my birthday is a week and a half away, and for plans? ZILCH. I know Nordic Boy is cooking something up, but other than that, this may be a quiet one. I am just not feeling like a party this year. (This is where I turn to myself and say “Self? I don’t even know who you ARE anymore!”)
7. Is it just me or is smizing just a fancy word for squinting? How come nobody is calling Tyra out on this? Because, you know, with all that is going on in the world today, we should all be spending our time calling Tyra out on her weird word creation. Who’s with me?
Bah, I’m going to bed.