So did you all care about my weekend recap last weekend? Was it a good idea? A nice break from the usual stupid ramblings?
This weekend was another one jam-packed with fun times. And I tried to document it all, with moderate success, which is the only kind of success I really am apt to have. As I haven’t had a moment to write about it all, but I do have some photogery, let’s just load ’em up and comment.
We went on a grand tour of our city looking for some sort of energy-saving, eco-energy-measuring magical device that Nordic Boy wanted. I still don’t quite understand what it is. First, we went to a big box store. Who the hell thinks that you find an environmentally-friendly ANYTHING at Best Buy? Us. That’s who. Stupid us.
Then we went to Radio Shack, where we were outnumbered by salespeople. Six of them, two of us. No other customers. But they have fun old-school phones that you can dial and act stupid with! But they don’t have eco-cord-devices. I didn’t take a photo of the Radio Crack store because, you know, the Best Buy photo was all the retail artistry I could manage.
We finally went to Ecohaus, where I was forced to look at many different kinds of insulation. Many, many different kinds. Many, many, many. I am such a good partner, it’s kind of amazing. Plus, they had the eco-device (that I still don’t understand).
Which caused us to try and come up with more couplets like this. Among them: BOYS WITH PERMS MUST HAVE GERMS; BOYS WITH GLASSES GET MORE ASSES; BOYS WITH JOWLS HAVE LOOSE BOWELS. Come on, you try!
We saw Swan Lake with our friend D, who had never seen it, or any ballet before. The main things I told him.
1. There is a lot of clapping during ballet. Like, from the audience. Not from the dancers.
2. Be prepared to clap for like 10 minutes straight at the end.
3. Swan Lake is not a happy story.
4. Yes, their feet hurt.
5. Those male dancers are wearing dance belts under their tights. That’s not really the size of their actual business you are seeing.
This is what he told me after seeing it:
1. Did they just die in the end? Really, after all that. They are going to just die???
2. That music sounds kind of like the Darth Vader theme music from the Star Wars movies.
I think that’s about all I did. The end.