Well wasn’t yesterday’s post the silliest boo-hoo fest you ever saw in your life?
Let’s counteract that crap right now, shall we?
Awesome Things About My Week
1. Super Tuesday! Have I ever told you that I am a politics junkie? Well, maybe junkie is too strong of a term. A heavy user, let’s say. I can’t help it, it’s in my blood. My dad used to be the mayor of a small island city, you know. Back in the early 60s. You should see the photos of him and my mom back in the day. My mom was rockin’ the Jackie O. look and everything. Plus I have an uncle who was a member of Parliament for many years back in my homeland. The British imperialists left the scene and my DAD was one of the people who took over the joint! How cool is THAT? Democracy rocks, ya’ll.
2. Nordic Boy left for Portland this week on a biznazz trip. And before he left? He made me some enchildas and some lasagna and froze it up for me to heat and eat. Dang, I should give that dude a medal or something.
3. I am working on a special project for work, and my end date on this project was supposed to end soon, but it got extended. So all week, people have been coming up to me and saying “you’re extended!” and talking to each other about me and saying “she’s extended.” Is it just me or does that sound weird and funny?
4. It is Fashion Week. Between that and Super Tuesday, I may have to be surgically separated from the interwebs.
5. I read a review of my blog that was so, so nice and totally out of the blue. It made my day yesterday. Thanks, PL.
6. The weather has been in the upper 40s! The fact that I am filing this under “great news” should probably sound off some sort of alarm bell.
7. I have this thing with numbers. I always seem to see numbers in patterns and I feel compelled to point out the pattern aloud. COMPELLED. I am not talking about complicated patterns. Just stupid shit like if the time is 12:12. It’s like A Beautiful Mind for the mathematically remedial. I seem to always be looking at a clock when it’s freakin’ 12:12. Then I may comment to whoever is there with me: “Look. It’s 12:12.” I swear I am not TRYING to look at the clock at 12:12, or 11:11, or notice that the odometer in a car is symmetrical with 11011 miles on it. It just happens. I don’t even know what kind of response I am looking for when I say these things. Me: “Hey, your flight number is 828. Symmetrical.” Possible responses: Great? Good for you for noticing? Who cares? Shut up?
Any of these would be acceptable I suppose. Anyway. I especially have to point out when I see sixes. This is mostly because I am a juvenile boy who thinks it is funny to say “666! The sign of SATAN!” at any opportunity. Nordic Boy has taken this on too. If I say “hey! You’re going 66 miles an hour!” in our car, he will respond appropriately with “THE SIGN OF THE BEAST!”
Yesterday was a good day. Because this happened in my car.