1. I live in a little one-story house with no stairs, but my house sits up off the street so I have a small stairway that leads from the sidewalk to the front door. When I leave my house in the morning and I walk down these stairs, I say silently to myself “One two three four five six seven eight schlemiel, schlamozzle, hassenpfeffer incorporated!” I also then wonder why I do this on stairs, as Laverne and Shirley did that on a flat sidewalk, not on stairs, so why do stairs remind me of this? Next thing you know I will be tossing my gloves in the air instead of my hat while singing “you’re gonna make it after all!”
2. Every time someone is going on a trip on a plane, I think of the time when Bio-Girl was going on a trip and Neighbor J asked her if she was taking any snacks. And then we all said “SNACKS ON A PLANE!” and peed ourselves laughing.
3. There are lots of times where Nordic Boy will ask me a question and the answer won’t really matter much to me. (“What do you want for dinner?” or “What movie do you want to watch?”) I will respond in these situations with “It don’t matter to me.” And he will say back “BREAD! That’s a song by BREAD!” And it’s funny. Every time.
4. You already know about our Markie Mark thing, but I’ll tell you again. If Mark Walberg is ever mentioned in conversation, one of us has to say “FEEL IT! FEEL IT!” like in the beginning of “Good Vibrations.” You would be surprised at how often Mark Wahlberg seems to come up in our house.
5. When people say the words “Saturday Night” to me, I find it difficult not to go all Bay City Rollers and say “S A T-U-R, D-A-Y NIGHT!”
6. I have bamboo in my yard that grows like crazy. We are constantly pruning them back. When I do so, I sing “Me Ol’ Bamboo” from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Mostly silently, but sometimes aloud.
7. Sometimes, when I am at work and in non-cussy mode, and I need have a cuss-worthy moment, I often say “Aw nuts!” Like Michelle Tanner. I say it without the lisp though. I have some pride.