1. I’m not ignoring you. Really. My week is totally kicking my hiney right now. So much so, that I am saying the word “hiney.” I am also listening to a phonograph while sitting here in my pinafore.
2. I am so tired right now that I am doing that thing where, instead of blinking, I am just periodically closing my eyes for a second or two, and hoping no one notices.
3. I am tired because, for the past two days, my eyes have been popping open at 5:30 am. Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey! I have no explanation as to why this is happening. I fear it is because I am getting to be one of those old people that barely sleeps at night, naps throughout the day, and eats dinner at 3 in the afternoon. If I start to complain about those rotten kids, please help me.
4. I heard someone say the other day that they were laughing so hard that they were afraid that they needed “Depends” because they were going to pee their pants. Depends! Isn’t that funny? It’s DEPEND. As in, you can depend on it. Not depends, as in: will it keep you dry? Maybe, it depends.
5. The fact that I took the energy to think through whether adult diapers should be correctly identified as Depend or Depends is being added to the mounting evidence that I am turning into a ripe old granny.
6. I said mounting! Hee! Ok, I’m back to juvenile behavior again. Whew.
7. I have been having so much funny, entertaining library moments this week, it’s ridiculous. I can’t tell you about any of them though, lest I get dooced. But trust me, it can be the funnest, funniest place to work, ever.
8. I swore that I was going to get through the final Harry Potter book before my San Francisco trip. So not going to happen. However, I have perfected the two ways that exist to say Harry Potter with an English accent. You can either say it like he’s your best friend: “Harry Pottah!” or you can say it all evil style like Draco, like you’re spitting it out: “Harry Pottah.” Go ahead. Try it. You’ll see exactly what I mean.
9. God I’m tired.
10. Neighbor J dug up some photo from a “behind the scenes” thing about the Little House on the Prairie tv show. How freaky is this?
What’s Harriet doing to Laura??? I am never sleeping again.
I will write a post that makes some kind of half-baked sense soon. Really.
Kiss the rings, I’m out.